My goal here at CPACareerCoach.com has always been to try my best to provide a centralized place for accounting & finance professionals. A place where you can get great information about job searching, interviewing, building your career, and staying up to date on the latest trends and tools.
Today, I want to introduce the Less Accounting Software. Less Accounting is a web based accounting system that allows you to have access no matter your location. It is a simple accounting software that is not new to the scene. It has went through several rounds of updates in order to try and improve the user experience.
Less Accounting allows you to have a simplified online accounting system. In my opinion, it is ideal to use as a small business accounting software. If you operate as a public accountant, it is an ideal accounting software to recommend to clients. You as the accountant can have online access to do the work that you need to from a remote location.
Here are some of the interesting features of the Less Accounting software:
- Easily create and send professional proposals – The software allows you to create proposals for your client right inside of the software. They even have professional looking proposals to get you started.
- Turn proposals into invoices – You can also easily turn those proposals and make them invoices for your clients. The invoicing feature seems simple and easy to use.
- A robust CRM system – This is something that you do not often see included in a web based accounting software. Less Accounting allows you to manage all of your conversations, invoices, proposals, and any other business activity in the contacts section. You can also easily import any current information from a variety of systems, such as HighRise, BaseCamp, Gmail, and others.
- Mileage counter – If you do not drive around much for work, then this feature may not be all that helpful. For those that do travel around, the mileage feature can be a blessing for sure. It is simple and easy enough to use.
- Instant reporting at anytime – We accountants love to analyze the numbers. With Less Accounting Software you will have access to many different reports that you can run at anytime for your clients.
- Automatic bank data importing – This is a huge time saver for most busy working professionals. No one wants to sit down and spend more time than necessary keying in financial transactions. You also elevate the potentiality of human error into the process when you do this as well. Less Accounting is partnered with just about every institution you can imagine, including paypal.
- The 3rd party API – Less Accounting allows for 3rd parties to integrate with their software. Some examples include Paypal and their invoice payment gateway that is integrated into the Less Accounting Software. Another great integration is with LessTimeSpent.com. This integration allows you to keep track of billable hours in a easier and simplified way.
- Cloud Based Bookkeeping – As mentioned before, you can use this online accounting software with your clients and easily work from a remote location.
- Earn passive money as a referrer – Another great feature for accountants is that you can sign up for their “Accountant Referral Program” and you can earn a monthly commission for referring your clients to Less Accounting. There is no additional cost to your client, which makes it a win/win for everyone.
Less Accounting is currently $30 a month. There is nothing to install and no contracts whatsoever. The $30 price tag is all-inclusive, meaning that you can have unlimited members and unlimited transactions. The only upgrade is if you are a small business owner and you want to add a personalized bookkeeping service to your account. This would only be necessary if you do not currently have an accountant, but would like one.
I also like that their customer support team are bookkeepers. You are not calling and talking to people who have no clue what you are trying to ask. If you have been a QuickBook user then you know how frustrating their customer service process can be.
I did some research on the web to see what others are saying about Less Accounting. I was surprised at the large customer base that Less Accounting has established. Overall, I think that Less Accounting is great for the Solo-prenuer or the small business owner. Then again, I think that was the intent to begin with.
If there was one area that I could see some improvement, it would be in the reporting section. While they do give you access to run a lot of different reports, I would like to see the ability to run custom reports.
If you are not currently happy with your accounting software, then I would recommend to give Less Accounting a try. They have a 7 day free trial, along with a demo account for you to try. I can see how for some people Less Accounting Software has really simplified their life and saved them time. It is a great accounting software for small business.