Name: Complete PDF Accounting Package
Purpose: To give you the best accounting terms, definitions, drills, exams and resources and make the learning process fun and enjoyable.
They claim to be the ultimate guide to providing the insight, knowledge, and expertise to all of the accounting questions that you have. Accounting Coach challenges readers from entry level to executive level testing their knowledge in all things accounting — but do they have all the answers?
AccountingCoach.com – Review
I recently reviewed the entire accounting PDF package that AccountingCoach.com has available for download on their website and I must say I was overall very impressed. They have really tackled all the areas of accounting and have made the learning process fun, engaging, and enjoyable. See my video review for a more in-depth explanation.
Creative Methods of Learning
One of the features that I most enjoyed was the learning methods that they used to teach difficult concepts. In the complete package they include downloadable quizzes, exams, word scrambles, crossword puzzles, definitions and explanations.
These are especially ideal for those of you who travel for work as you can continue to learn and expand your skill set and have fun at the same time. No more needing to listen to boring lectures as they have a variety of fun methods and you are able to learn using the techniques that you most enjoy.
Wide Range of Accounting Topics Covered
Here is a list of topics that they cover in the complete package:
1. Accounting Explanations – they cover over 30 topics and give clear explanations and examples on various topics such as activity based costing, balance sheet, evaluating business investments, improving profits and accounting basics.
2. Accounting Drills – These are printable drills that you can use to sharpen your knowledge and expand your skill set. I think these drills are particularly great for either fresh graduates or accounting professionals who have been recently laid off and need to keep their mind engaged. The drills cover topics from accounting principles, cash flow statements, stakeholders’ equity, and bank reconciliations.
3. Accounting Exams – I took a look at the exams and I think they can be great for practice. They can be especially helpful to accountants who face possible testing during the interview process. They are also useful in helping you determine where you are on your knowledge and retention of accounting terms. it is a great overall accounting review when you need one.
4. Crossword Puzzles – Where else can you find over 54 crossword puzzles all related to accounting? At first I thought that this concept was a bit “cheezy” but the more I looked at them the more I wanted to participate. It is a great alternative way to learn a new area of accounting.
5. Word Scrambles – The package also includes over 29 word scramble pages and just in case you thought it was too juvenile many of the word scrambles are directly related to FASB and your understanding of FASB terms!
6. Accounting Dictionary – This to me was a great resource that I think could be particularly helpful. It was a 112 page accounting dictionary that is very up to date (and updated every year)
7. Cheat Sheet – I know, “cheat” and “accounting” don’t belong in the same sentence. However, there are over 13 pages of quick tips that are especially helpful to fresh graduates or those wanting a refresher.
8. Special Q & A Session – This section was interesting as well. AccountingCoach.com took all of the questions they were asked over the last 4 years and complied them into a 200+ page document that you can use as a resource anytime you get tripped up on an area of accounting.
Should I Buy The PDF Package?
Overall, I give a thumbs up on this package. I liked the quality of the content and the creativity that was used in teaching difficult accounting concepts.
What I didn’t like is that it is not broken down to various packages like entry-level, intermediate, and advanced. They basically give you the whole enchilada! However, for the price they are charging it is still a great value for what you get and you can always pick and choose what is relevant to you at the moment.
I would say that the package a must for fresh graduates as it can really drive home the important accounting principles that will make them succesful in their career. I would also recommend this package for those who have been laid off and want to keep their skills sharp or for those who want to break to other segments in accounting as it can really drive home the areas that you need to learn.
Here is the link: AccountingCoach.com